RightMom

Mom Knows Best......

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

What's going on?

Wow, it's 1:00 a.m. I can't sleep just yet. I can't decide if it's the brain that got ramped up and can't let go or the Diet Coke. Maybe both?

I'm watching the State of the Union speech. According to the reports, President Bush did well. I hate watching these speeches live...... I love the members of Congress holding up "blue" fingers, I am assuming, to signify solidarity with Iraqi voters. Very powerful message. Bravo! Well Done!

I had to complete some online training modules for the company I am supposed to work for, prior to working for them. They weren't exactly walks in the park. You had to pay attention and take a quiz. That means, you have to concentrate. That takes longer than just "clicking though". Well, I passed the quizzes. Hopefully, they will call tomorrow and tell me Monday will be fine to start, as originally anticipated.

Very mixed feeling about it all. I've been not working since the end of September. I haven't finished everything I wanted to accomplish. The house still needs work. But breaking your foot will put a damper on things.

My foot is better, but not completely healed. The Dr. Told me to wear shoes and take off "the boot". My foot may never heal, but as long as it's not painful, big deal.

This was the longest period of time that I have not worked since I was 18. I will miss some of the things that I have grown accustomed to. For instance, I won't be able to get to the Salvation Army Store on Wednesdays for 1/2 price clothing day. I won't be able to spend the day with my "old friend" that recently moved into the area. Being able to run around Houston with her has been a total treat! The problem for both of us is that we have so little time on the weekends. That time MUST be spent with our family. We were able to go do things together without kids and husbands.

I've also been able to devote time to my other guilty pleasures, Sci Fi shows. I am so bummed that I will not be able to watch the series end to Seven Days. The same for Deep Space 9 (although I saw that). I love watching those shows. It's hard to do so, especially on the "big" TV because the kids are more into Sponge Bob than the fate of the universe. I have hope for my little guy, he seems somewhat interested in space things; maybe I have a viewing buddy in the making. I could have sworn I had one with my middle girl. I'll never forget the time we went to NASA open house. She was 3 and her face was PLASTERED on the shuttle bus. (She probably looked hysterical to any person out side the bus :) She was very intently looking at the people outside. I finally asked her what she was looking for. She wanted to know "where were the aliens"! I told here there were no aliens. Then I realized what was going on. I had explained to her earlier that NASA is where the people that work in space, work when they are NOT in space. She saw those space shows mom watched; Babylon 5, Star Trek (pick your iteration), she just KNEW aliens existed there. Who knows, maybe she's right.

Cue "creepy music"....

The truth is out there...............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home