RightMom

Mom Knows Best......

Monday, January 10, 2005

Battlestar Galactica vs Battlestar Galactica

Sometimes, unemployment (along with a broken foot) has it's benefits.

While I am sitting here at the computer working on sending out resumes and answering email, I usually indulge in Spike TV's weekday lineup: , 7 Days at 9:00 (a show that I liked, but missed a lot) 2 eps of DS9 and 2 eps of STTNG. Friday, guess what came on? "Trial and Tribulations"! SWEEEEET! That afternoon, I watched the Trouble with Tribbles on DVD. Even sweeeeter!

But today, I am taking in original Battlestar Galactica. The new series begins this Friday night (with a re-run of the 2 part pilot episode on Tuesday and Wednesday night!).

You know, after watching this some, I think making Starbuck a girl was not much of a stretch. Both of them had great hair (Dirk Benedick had longer hair.) I just watch "old" Starbuck get in touch with his feminine side in order to get into the uniform of another officer..... Hell, I think the new Starbuck is tougher than the old..... (Please understand, I had a massive crush on Dirk Benedict. I even used to watch the A Team just to see him. Which, by the way, Barclay (see STTNG) was in.....)

Baltar? Why???? Here he is telling two Centurion guards to "exterminate" all humans. What did he plan for himself? He would be the last human being. No mate? No children? What good is money if you can't spend it and "flaunt" it? (Note: I just heard that the deal was that Baltar's people were to survive, and the people "subjugated" under Baltar..... The Cylon said "how can you trust someone that wants to see his whole race exterminated?" My point exactly. Even the Cylons got it.....)

I also didn't realize how good it was to listen to the opening score, in it's full glory trying to emulate John Williams. Stu Phillips did a pretty good job......

Lorne Greene. I loved him in this part. Not muchi different acting from Bonanza, but that's what make him so great in this role. If you found your niche, why screw it up? Again, lots of similarities between him and Olmos.

Oh well, the first couple of episodes are pretty good, but then it goes down hill.....

I am looking forward to seeing the Battlestar Galactica. According to posters from the UK at Ain't it Cool, the new episodes were even better than the pilot. Now that is a winning combination! How often have you watch a great Pilot only to see it get mutilated by the follow up episodes.....

We'll see if the UK posters and the USA watchers agree!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home