RightMom

Mom Knows Best......

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Dawn of the Newest 'Ol Fogie......

It's official: I am an 'Ol Fogie.

Today I went to Hollywood Video to rent the newly released Miami Vice Season 1 DVD set.

I looked for it on the shelf, but didn't see it. I figured I would ask about it. It could've been rented out, in a different area, you never know.

I asked the kid up front if they had the Miami Vice DVD to rent. He asked, "Miami Vice? Just, "Miami Vice"? There's nothing else to the title?"

"No, just Miami Vice", I told him.

The girl working up front goes, "I never heard of it. What is it?"

I explained to her it was an "80's series.

She then says, "Oh, I think I remember it! It's a dance show, right?"

By this time, the dude looking in the computer confirms that it is not available to rent.

Now keep in mind, they rent X-Files, King of the Hill, Simpson's and even PeeWee's Playhouse. But no Miami Vice.

They were totally clueless.

The series that defined the idea that melding Music Videos and shows were not only possible, but Good! So much of what they watch and consume from a performance standpoint, originated here.

And they are clueless.

I am a total Old Fart and I didn't know it until today.

I need a Bartles and Jaymes wine cooler.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home