RightMom

Mom Knows Best......

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Trying to pull it all together now!

Where I am I trying to go with this? I guess one of the questions I see is can someone do the wrong thing for the right reasons? Anakin went to the dark side to save Padme. Was that the right thing to do?

When Luke is given the same choice (go to the dark side and save your friends), he declines it. In the end, he not only saves his friends, but his father also.

The example I think of the most is General Rommel of Germany. He was a devout Catholic, and plotted to kill Hitler. For that, Hitler gave him the following choice: commit suicide or face a court martial followed by the death penalty. If you choose suicide, you will be regaled as a hero of the state, given a state funeral and your remaining family will be well taken care of. If you don't commit suicide, you will be tried as traitor, your family will suffer in the concentration camps and the state will kill you. Rommel committed suicide. I've often wondered how God regarded that choice. Did he see it as State Execution by own hand?

1 Comments:

  • At 6/07/2005 8:37 PM, Blogger Der Tommissar said…

    I would think that God did. After all, Rommel's suicide was not an act of perfect free will. His act was committed under duress.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home